These delicious, decadent “buttery” Earl Grey and lavender-infused shortbread cookies will melt in your mouth. They make an ideal hostess gift. They are so delicious they won’t last.
- 2 sticks of vegan spread (I use Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons of whole leaf Earl Grey tea
(or cut open a teabag if you need too)
- 1 teaspoon of organic culinary grade lavender (you can get it on Amazon or at your organic market)
Preheat oven to 350°
Cream butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl
Add in flour, salt, tea, and lavender. Continue to mix until soft dough forms. The mix will be dry and crumbly at first but will come together.
Roll dough into a thick log about the diameter of a tube of biscuits. Try to get it as uniform as possible. Wrap in wax paper and chill for an hour.
After an hour slice the dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 20-22 minutes or until edges are a golden brown.
- While the cookies are cooling make the lemon icing.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice