If you love mushroom soup like I do, you just have to try this nutritious, rich, comfort soup. This hot and hearty soup is so thick and creamy, and it’s so easy to make! It’s perfect for beating back the winter blues. Serve it with a delicious piece of crusty french bread or crackers!
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Onions minced
2 cloves Garlic minced
4 large Portabellos (cleaned and diced, I use the stems too)
1/4 cup Garbanzo/Chickpea Flour
2 C Unsweetened Almond Milk (rice milk works fine also)
2 C Broth (Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Vegan Base)
Pinch of Rosemary
1/2 tsp Sage
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a sauce pot on medium-high, sauté the onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add mushrooms; sauté until reduce or the mushrooms lose about half of their water.
- Stir in the flour until everything is coated and it is absorbed.
- Stir in the broth and almond milk (a little at a time to help avoid lumps), mix thoroughly.
- Add the sage, rosemary, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Barely bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and use your immersion blender. Blend to the consistency you like.