I am a big fan of ridiculously easy recipes with limited ingredients. This polenta with pesto and summer squash only has 6 ingredients (if you include the nutritional yeast on top)! It’s quick, tasty and a great way to incorporate summer veggies.
1 tube of refrigerated polenta, cut into 12 slices
2 TBS pesto
1 large summer squash, diced
1 large zucchini diced
1 jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
1/4 C olive oil with 1 clove of garlic minced in it
2 TBS of water
- Place polenta slices on a lightly greased cooking sheet. Brush the tops with the garlic infused olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes on each side. Make sure when you turn them over you brush the other side with olive oil too.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet up until it is hot. Add the water and pesto and stir.
- Stir in the zucchini and squash, cook until tender.
- Add in the red peppers until they are heated through.
- Spoon over the polenta and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
The whole thing comes together in about 15 minutes. The pesto just brings it all together, and the red peppers add a pop of color and sweetness. The photos do not do it justice. It’s an elegant looking dish with minimal effort.