As we wind up 2018 and head into 2019, there are always things we could have done better — this holiday season why not push yourself to spread acts of kindness. Refocus the holiday on being kind to one another rather than buy into the frenzied consumer holiday it has become. Here are a few simple things to do while you travel this Christmas season to make someone’s day.
- Pay it forward, buy the person behind you a coffee.
- Let someone ahead of you in line.
- Pay a TSA agent a compliment when you go through security.
- Pack stickers and give them out to kids traveling.
- Volunteer to help an elderly person with their bags.
Subway or Train
- Buy someone’s subway fare.
- Offer your seat on the subway to someone who needs it.
- Buffer a senior or child from the crush.
- Hold the door for someone.
- Help someone on the station escalator with their baby stroller.
- Actively help someone make their connection.
- Give the bus driver a coffee card or a treat.
- Build some one’s self-esteem and pay some sincere compliments.
- Share your snack.
- Pack a couple bottles of water and offer one to someone.
- Pack the first round of snacks. Make sure there is enough for everyone.
- Offer to pay for gas, parking or a toll.
- Buy the driver a certificate for a carwash to use at the end of the trip (or offer to do it for them).
- Give your driver a small pack of wipes to clean up after gassing up.
- Clean all the windows for the driver when you stop for gas.
What are your acts of kindness when you travel? Tell us in the comments below.