This soup is so delicious! It has the perfect blend of heat and spice. AND it’s SO easy!!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion (diced)
4 tsp garlic (minced)
1 bag of cauliflower “rice”
3/4 cup cashews (I just used roasted cashews from our bulk store)
1/2 tsp ground turmeric (add more if you like it spicy)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- In a pot sauté the diced onions and garlic in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, cashews, turmeric, cinnamon, broth, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Remove from the stove when everything is soft.
- Add the lemon juice. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to a creamy texture.
We enjoy this soup with or without the lemon juice. Serve with a crusty loaf of bread. Makes 4 hearty servings.