Here is a raw cookie dough fit for vegans. This sweet treat is fun and festive. It’s easy to make and puts an end to those sweet cravings. Everyone knows eating the cookie dough is the best part of making cookies!
- 1/2 C vegan butter (or margerine)
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs unsweetened cashew (or almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (you can make this with lemon extract instead if you prefer)
- 1/3 C rainbow sprinkles
- In a large bowl, whip the non-dairy butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add non-dairy milk and extracts. Whip until incorporated.
- Continue beating the mixture, slowly add the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl until everything is combined.
- Add sprinkles; use a rubber spatula to mix into the dough.
- Form balls and freeze for about 15 minutes before eating. Store in the freezer or refrigerator.
These rarely last in my house long enough to freeze them! Makes about 12-16 cookies.
*Raw flour can be contaminated with bacteria, so to be safe, heat treat the flour. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread all-purpose flour onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool before using.