This creamy broccoli cheese soup is a throw back to the classic broccoli cheese flavor we grew up with. This is the perfect fall comfort food!
3 TBS olive oil
2/3 TBS minced garlic
1/2 C onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4 large carrots, diced
1 bag frozen broccoli
3 C vegetable stock
2 cups plain non-dairy milk (I used oat milk)
1/2 C nutritional yeast
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- In the Instant Pot saute the garlic, onions, celery, and carrots until softened.
- Add vegetable stock, and non-dairy milk.
- Add the bag of chopped broccoli, Italian seasoning, and half of the nutritional yeast. Stir it all together.
- Use the soup setting. (Takes about 30 minutes).
- When it’s finished puree the soup to your favorite consistency. (I use an immersion blender for this). If you like your soups super creamy, blend in all of the broccoli. If you want it on the chunky side, pulse. Add instant potatoes to thicken the soup to your liking. Mix in the rest of the nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the top with croutons before serving.
To mix it up a bit, sometimes we use different seasoned croutons.
Also, a great twist on this recipe is to use smoked salt instead of sea salt.
*The soup does not come out green. Between the oat milk and nutritional yeast, it can be on the beige side, but it is packed with flavor! Don’t let the color throw you!